Linked Events

• Fable III (US): October 26, 2010
  • Fable III (UK): October 29, 2010

Author Topic: Fable III  (Read 6166 times)

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
Re: Fable III
« Reply #105 on: August 20, 2010, 02:36:31 PM »
 ;D

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #106 on: September 21, 2010, 07:33:53 PM »

Offline dfusioness

• Way Beyond Awesome
  • XBL: xbn darkdesire
« Reply #107 on: September 21, 2010, 07:58:01 PM »
looks good

Offline Handshakes

• Super Dooper Member
  • Now with almost no cannibalism!
    • Conservative Gamer Bloke - My Blog
  • Last.fm: Hndshks
  • OnLive: Handshakes
  • PSN: ShakesyJ
  • Steam: handshakes
  • XBL: Handshakes
« Reply #108 on: September 21, 2010, 08:18:50 PM »
Yet *another* game that I'm going to have to sleep with visiting Japanese automotive business men to be able to afford.

I'm going to be so disease ridden this semester.
Your mom!

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #109 on: September 22, 2010, 03:01:03 AM »
looks like i won't have to service any local 'businessmen' for this, Fable 2 ruined any love i had for the series (slim to none and slim had just took a plane to nowhere.)

DFUSIONITE

« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2010, 05:17:39 AM »
looks like i won't have to service any local 'businessmen' for this, Fable 2 ruined any love i had for the series (slim to none and slim had just took a plane to nowhere.)

It's certainly not everyone's cup of tea, but I loved fable 2.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2010, 05:29:24 AM »
If, and it's a great big giant massive if, it delivers on even half of the Hype King's promises it'll be the greatest game ever made, but as we all know nothing ever comes of Molyneux's claims so we'll just have to make do with a good game or something.......  :)

Offline citatscEellE

• Designated Twi-hard
  • PSN: Elleelastic
  • Steam: Elleecstatic
  • XBL: Angry Toaster
« Reply #112 on: September 27, 2010, 11:39:21 PM »
weellllll idk about you guys, but im certainly hyped for this game
totally begged my dad for the collectors edition..
i cant hardly wait...
like i dont think ill live to see next month... :x
i cannot die before breaking dawn comes out!

Offline sambo

• Greatness Personified
  • No cuts, no buts, no coconuts?
  • Last.fm: sambomaher
  • XBL: ox SAMBO xo
« Reply #113 on: September 30, 2010, 11:45:16 AM »
Kingmaker, a Smartphone application for Fable III, will launch next week reports CVG.
The description for the application reads: "The kingdom of Albion is in turmoil. Two rival armies are fighting for total dominion: the tyrant king's Royals and the revolutionary Rebels. And now the battle has spilled onto the wretched streets of Great Britain! For this is where the wondrous world of Fable meets the real world. Where the battleground is your town, and your only weapon is your smartphone."

"Your mission, should you be foolish enough to accept it, is to plant virtual flags for the Royals or the Rebels, and claim power-ups in locations throughout the United Kingdom... For every flag you plant, and every power up you claim, you shall earn gold coins, which you shall then be able to transfer into the Fable III game on your Xbox 360!"

October 1st is listed as the release date for Kingmaker while while the game itself is due on October 26th.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #114 on: October 07, 2010, 01:43:14 PM »
How did 2 PS3 exclusives inspire one of Xbox's biggest games of 2010?
Fable 3 design boss nods to Heavy Rain and Uncharted

Tit-for-tat arguments over which console has the best exclusive software are par for the course amongst gamers - and even fearsomely loyal execs at Sony and Microsoft.

But there's at least one first party developer that's gracious enough to give the competition the respect it deserves: Lionhead.

Speaking to CVG, the Microsoft-owned studio's senior design director Josh Atkins revealed the two games that were the biggest influences on the development of Fable 3 - and they're both PS3 exclusives.

Atkins credits Quantic Dream's Heavy Rain and Naughty Dog's Uncharted 2 will inspiring Fable 3's storytelling and decision-making mechanic.

"Interestingly, we were all very involved with and all played Heavy Rain," he said. "We all have a lot of respect for David Cage and the guys at Quantic Dream. It's a very unique experience and a very compelling story - and there's a lot of deep gameplay there.

"Another one we talk a lot about is Uncharted 2. That blend of cinema and great gameplay was something we were certainly very influenced by."

He added: "I think you'll see... there's influence [from Heavy Rain] without question in how our interaction systems work and in how all [the player's] decisions work.

"There was many things we liked about that game, but one of the key things that they did was that the decisions you made rooted into the game world. Your eyes are always fixated on the game world - you're not looking down at the interface.

"The weaving of decision and story in Heavy Rain is another one. You saw the beginnings of that with Farrenheit, and they've taken it much further.

"With Uncharted, it really comes down to the blend of gameplay, cinema and acting - particularly the superb voice acting in that game."

Atkins also credited classic puzzler Peggle as an influence. "I know it sounds funny, but it's our job to look at the simple addiction of a game like that," he said. "It's a game we spend a lot of time playing ourselves."

Fable III is released in the UK on October 29 for Xbox 360. A PC version will follow in December.

Offline Handshakes

• Super Dooper Member
  • Now with almost no cannibalism!
    • Conservative Gamer Bloke - My Blog
  • Last.fm: Hndshks
  • OnLive: Handshakes
  • PSN: ShakesyJ
  • Steam: handshakes
  • XBL: Handshakes
« Reply #115 on: October 09, 2010, 09:55:35 AM »
i cant hardly wait...

Can you beg your dad for a collectors edition for me as well? To steal a term that I don't fully understand from our Brit friends, that'd be aces. Govnah. Get away from me lucky charms. Wow, I sound just like Failed.

Fable 2 was actually a big let down for me. It wasn't bad, but it felt way too similar to the first game. It felt old and not at all fresh; a sinking Halo sequel sort of feeling. All of the stuff that should should have been fixed from the first game was completely ignored and instead they slapped in stuff that nobody wanted, like a pointless dog and farting minigames.

And don't get me started on the awful coop. You know what? Awful coop sounds like an oxymoron, but somehow they managed it in Fable 2. And Super Mario Bros Wii, but I digress.

Still, the first game built so much good will in me that I have to be on board for Fable 3.
Your mom!

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #116 on: October 11, 2010, 06:53:48 AM »

Offline dfusioness

• Way Beyond Awesome
  • XBL: xbn darkdesire
« Reply #117 on: October 11, 2010, 07:54:48 AM »
loving the idea of being shrunk to go play a board game, it all looks really exciting, cant wait

Offline citatscEellE

• Designated Twi-hard
  • PSN: Elleelastic
  • Steam: Elleecstatic
  • XBL: Angry Toaster
« Reply #118 on: October 11, 2010, 12:55:09 PM »
i cant hardly wait...

Can you beg your dad for a collectors edition for me as well? To steal a term that I don't fully understand from our Brit friends, that'd be aces. Govnah. Get away from me lucky charms. Wow, I sound just like Failed.

Fable 2 was actually a big let down for me. It wasn't bad, but it felt way too similar to the first game. It felt old and not at all fresh; a sinking Halo sequel sort of feeling. All of the stuff that should should have been fixed from the first game was completely ignored and instead they slapped in stuff that nobody wanted, like a pointless dog and farting minigames.

And don't get me started on the awful coop. You know what? Awful coop sounds like an oxymoron, but somehow they managed it in Fable 2. And Super Mario Bros Wii, but I digress.

Still, the first game built so much good will in me that I have to be on board for Fable 3.

ive never played coop on fable, guess im glad i did lol.
funny you mention it cuz my dad was so stoopid he bought 2 to get some sorta discount or something LOL
and i got 2 fable controllers -.-; guess x-mas will come early for my friend..

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #119 on: October 12, 2010, 01:59:40 PM »
... that'd be aces. Govnah. Get away from me lucky charms. Wow, I sound just like Failed.

lmao

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads