Author Topic: Autarch Kade  (Read 1009 times)

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
Autarch Kade
« on: February 01, 2013, 01:26:31 PM »

What's the story behind your Gamertag? 
It's based on how humble I am.  The first part "Autarch" is a title meaning Absolute Ruler.  The second part "Kade" is a nickname that I gave to myself.

Where do you live? 
I live near Phoenix, AZ.

What do you do for a living? 
New to the area, I'm heading towards studying computer programming and system analysis at a nearby college.  The lower tuition from being a resident for a year determined my start date in the fall of this year.

What is the worst or weirdest job you've ever had? 
My worst job was at Home Depot, where I received absolutely no training and was told to move literally two tons of salt by hand.

How long have you been playing videogames? 
I had an NES controller placed in my hands at age 3, and never really put it down to be honest.  So, about two and a half decades.

What is the first videogame you ever played? 
The first was Super Mario Bros.

How often do you play videogames? 
Not that often to be honest, only on days that end in the letter Y.

What hobbies do you enjoy besides videogames? 
I also enjoy watching Anime, expanding my collection of Japanese music, and upgrading my PC to levels of absurd performance and price.

What's your gaming setup like? 
I play both Xbox 360 and computer games from the same desk.  I have three 30" monitors hooked up to the PC, for a combined resolution of 7680 x 1600.  This means that even if new consoles support 4K Ultra HD - I'll continue to play PC games at a higher resolution.  I switch inputs on one of the monitors to play Xbox 360 games, and either use a soundbar on the monitor or pass through 5.1 surround sound through the monitor to my computer speakers.  It's pretty neat, and definitely a setup that people don't often see.  Definitely something even a non-gamer can appreciate more than gigahertz or terabytes :)

What's your favorite multiplayer game? 
On Xbox 360 it is probably Halo 4.  On PC it is probably EVE Online.

What's your favorite single player game? 
Skyrim.  The PC mods provide amazing customization and extend replayability, and with my screens it is quite the view of the world when it takes up so much of your vision!

What's your favorite downloadable/indie game? 
Does Minecraft count?

What future game are you most looking forward to? 
I'm looking forward to playing Aliens: Colonial Marines with the Gearbox devs and IGN staff this weekend, well before it is released.  Driving 12 hours to get there.  Other than that, ArcheAge is one I've wanted for years that finally has a publisher in the west.

What do you think is the best game of all time? 
Honestly, Minecraft.  It shows that one person can develop a game and have it be financially successful, as well as allow amazing creativity by its players, and even see introduction as required coursework in schools in multiple countries.  It's a very important game, and I've had fun with it for countless hours.

What do you think is the best film of all time? 
District 9 - for how it portrays humanity.

What do you think is the best album of all time? 
Crescent, by Gackt.  A ton of my favorite songs by him came from this album.  It is romantic, emotional, and to me at least, excellent music :)

What's your funniest 360° Fahrenheit moment? 
When I realized Sambo was a genius and that he didn't know it yet.  Second place goes to when I was teamkilled by a scoreboard in Gears 3 beta.  I was so confused, until it suddenly made perfect sense.

What is your greatest gaming moment? 
Winning Super Smash Bros Melee tournaments several times across a few states.  The biggest one I was in I took second place though, out of over 250 people.  Granted I hadn't played the game since the tournament at the same place the previous year.

What's your favorite TV show that's currently running? 
I usually only watch TV unintentionally, so I have no idea.

What's your favorite TV show that's no longer running? 
Lexx.  It was such an insane show that grew ridiculously hilarious as it went on, and lasted 4 seasons.

If they made a movie about your life, who would play you? 
Rowan Atkinson.  I've been told a few times in life I look like him, and someone with that kind of humor would do just fine playing as me.

What one celebrity would you like to be stranded on a desert island with? 
Justin Bieber.  Nobody would question that he died in the shipwreck.

What's your karaoke song? 
Photon Proton Psychotron

What is the last book you read? 
I'm currently reading Otherland City of Golden Shadow.

What fictional character is most like you? 
Okabe Rintaro, otherwise known as Hououin Kyoma, otherwise known as Okarin, as self-proclaimed Mad Scientist from the anime Steins;Gate

What superpower would you like to have? 
Endless Wealth.  I think if I had that, I could get my hands on varying degrees of other super powers.

If you could trade places with anyone for one day, who would it be? 
Oprah, honestly.  I've always wanted to see what it would be like if one day she suddenly started giving out the worst advice possible.

What celebrity would be the worst roommate? 
Snooki.  I don't even know if that is her real name but it is already more than enough reason to fear such a person as a roommate.

Who's your favorite superhero? 
Brock Samson.  When he gets angry you'd rather lock yourself in a room with the hulk, no radiation required.

Who's your favorite videogame character? 
Johnny Gat from the Saints Row series.

Who's your favorite actor? 
Leslie Nielson was my favorite.

Who's your favorite band/artist? 
Favorite Band is probably Dir En Grey judging by the shirt I'm wearing.  Favorite male singer is Gackt, and female is Ayumi Hamasaki.

What is your favorite movie quote? 
"Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes..."

What's the worst food you've ever eaten? 
I bit into a tomato once.  Once.

What do you predict will be the "next big thing" in gaming? 
More immersive display technology including 4K Ultra HD content and televisions, as well as things like Oculus Rift and Microsoft's illumiroom

What is the most awesome place you have been? 
I walked from a desert landscape through a tunnel carved by flowing magma out into a rainforest.  Hawaii.

What is the most awesome place you haven't been yet? 
Iceland, but hopefully I can attend the EVE convention there one year, and see the beautiful country as well.

Complete this sentence: "People of Earth, …”
just where have all the cowboys gone?"

Final thoughts? 
Little known fact about me - I moved in with a 360ºF member last year.

Offline sambo

• Greatness Personified
  • No cuts, no buts, no coconuts?
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: sambomaher
  • XBL: ox SAMBO xo
Re: Autarch Kade
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 08:54:01 AM »
Ah Kade, Without a doubt the best Halo player I have ever encountered.
Great answers.
When I realized Sambo was a genius and that he didn't know it yet
yeah, I know it. 8)

Offline Dankinia

• Super Dooper Member
  • Queen of Assists a.k.a the bait
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • Steam: Dankinia
  • XBL: Dankinia
Re: Autarch Kade
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 12:27:00 AM »
When I realized Sambo was a genius and that he didn't know it yet.  Second place goes to when I was teamkilled by a scoreboard in Gears 3 beta.  I was so confused, until it suddenly made perfect sense.

I remember both of these moments.  I think I might have caused at least one of them. 

What fictional character is most like you? 
Okabe Rintaro, otherwise known as Hououin Kyoma, otherwise known as Okarin, as self-proclaimed Mad Scientist from the anime Steins;Gate

El Psy Congroo

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads