Linked Events

• Gears of War 2 - 5x XP: August 19, 2011 - August 21, 2011
  • Gears of War 2 - 10x XP: August 26, 2011 - August 28, 2011
  • Gears of War 2 - 15x XP: September 02, 2011 - September 04, 2011
  • Gears of War 2 - 20x XP: September 09, 2011 - September 11, 2011
  • Gears of War 2 - 25x XP: September 13, 2011 - September 18, 2011

Author Topic: Gears of War 2  (Read 21616 times)

NeuroticSarge

Re: Gears of War 2
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2009, 02:57:44 AM »
Games till sh*t though no matter how much gloss they throw at it!

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2009, 05:00:19 AM »
meh! it is, but it's the only game we're guaranteed everyone will play along with CoD4 and maybe Halo.

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
  • No power in the 'verse can stop me!
  • XBL: Jaynestown
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2009, 09:55:30 AM »

Sorry Sarge, I just don't get what's not to like about it as a Shooter. Guns, explosions, aliens and most importantly chainsaws, it's pretty much got it all as far as I am concerned  :D

Thank god for the new Tomb Raider, helped me de-stress after a tough week! More of the same please

Offline xnightcrawlerxx

« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2009, 12:29:01 PM »

I can say plenty of bad things about epic :D

would you say that they are EPIC FAIL....hehe. see what i did there

and i would agree gears 2 blows after a while. the 1st one was much better

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2009, 12:32:35 PM »

I can say plenty of bad things about epic :D

would you say that they are EPIC FAIL....hehe. see what i did there

and i would agree gears 2 blows after a while. the 1st one was much better

i agree

NeuroticSarge

« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2009, 09:41:22 AM »

Sorry Sarge, I just don't get what's not to like about it as a Shooter. Guns, explosions, aliens and most importantly chainsaws, it's pretty much got it all as far as I am concerned  :D

My main gripe is the fact that,now I know this happens a lot,I'm shooting the sh*t out of some guy and they can then turn around and kill me with one blast of a shotgun! Ridiculous! It just pisses me off that you unload a whole clip into someone and they just don't die.I just like my games a bit more realistic.
I'm also sorry that I don't like a game.Can't help it.I'm not the only one funny enough.Afterall,I still join in and play with you guys for the laugh and chat.
Isn't that what it's all about?

Offline reaper79666

« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2009, 10:38:00 AM »
It used to be about fun but when the only game everyone would turn up became gow 2 it stopped being fun.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2009, 11:37:01 AM »
It's still about fun for me, if it wasn't then i wouldn't even turn up on games nights.  I'll play anything as long as it's with people off here.

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2009, 12:09:43 PM »

My main gripe is the fact that,now I know this happens a lot,I'm shooting the sh*t out of some guy and they can then turn around and kill me with one blast of a shotgun! Ridiculous! It just pisses me off that you unload a whole clip into someone and they just don't die.I just like my games a bit more realistic.
I'm also sorry that I don't like a game.Can't help it.I'm not the only one funny enough.Afterall,I still join in and play with you guys for the laugh and chat.
Isn't that what it's all about?

You don't like Gears, that's fair enough, everyone's entitled to their opinion, there's loads of games that I don't like.

I agree entirely about the laugh and chat, I like the banter. I don't mind the p*ss being taken out of me when it's with people who don't take their gaming seriously. I admit I got slightly annoyed with your whinging at the start of every round of Warzone (the first game we played that lasted 9 rounds) but looking back at it I can see how it can be annoying when you die and then have to wait for everyone else to die without re-spawning. I guess I'm just used to it, LOL.

It used to be about fun but when the only game everyone would turn up became gow 2 it stopped being fun.

Reaper, surely the point is that the majority of people enjoy Gears on here, and also that it appears it's the one game everyone (except Luke)  owns so it's the game we can get the most people playing on a Friday night for the banter etc. I'm sorry you're not finding it fun, perhaps with the imminent release of MW2 that'll takeover from Gears 2 as the main game of choice.

Marty

Thank god for the new Tomb Raider, helped me de-stress after a tough week! More of the same please

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2009, 03:18:08 PM »
I turn up for everything on a Friday. But if you look at the people who were gonna turn up for RSV2 (Sarge, Triv and Me) and then look at who turned up for Gears 2, a full 10 with people who often play opting out like reaper and Red and you see why we play Gears more than anything else.

The only other 2 games that get that much of a turn out are CoD4 and Halo 3. L4D usually gets 6-8 people and TF got 7 when we played.

Modern Warfare 2 though. Gonna kill you all deaded Friday.

Offline TaraJayne

• Way Beyond Awesome
  • Twitter: TaraJayne360
  • Last.fm: TaraJayne360
  • XBL: TaraJayne
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2009, 06:02:33 PM »
Well Reaper maybe MW2 will be more your thing :)
Can't wait for Shenmue 3

I hate jokes that rely on visual imagery.

I've had it right up to here with them.

NeuroticSarge

« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2009, 02:05:05 AM »
One thing you nead to understand JT,my whinging is all in jest! As it was obviously winding you up,the more I was going to do it.
Alright,I don't like gears,it's well documented and as I've said before,I only play with you guys for fun.I don't care what we play because recently I havn't had much chance to play on Friday's because of one thing or another so for me it's a way of release.
I'm sorry I upset you in anyway,but come on,laugh! Not only that,But when we played the river map,I was owning you.Is that what pissed you off?  :P

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2009, 02:32:52 AM »
Hey Sarge. I never worry about people "owning me" because I'm not that good a player, it happens all the time. I play the game for a laugh too, but the bit that wound me up (I wouldn't say I was pissed off, just annoyed) was moaning about the no re-spawnings during Warzone. I only had the game on the standard settings (first to win 5 rounds), and we usually start with Warzone. Had I known you'd have hated it that much we could have gone straight to Guardian. No worries, honestly. I'm over it, life's too short  :)

NeuroticSarge

« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2009, 02:49:40 AM »
I don't hate it,please read my previous post.I was doing it deliberately.For a laugh? Huh? Just trying to be me.It's my sense of humour.Sorry.

Offline reaper79666

« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2009, 03:53:23 AM »
i dont hate it either its a good game just not that good and as for mw2 tj not sure im gonna get it i dont have the money. i hope to get it but wont be till after christams

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads