Author Topic: Just Cause 3  (Read 880 times)

Online zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
Re: Just Cause 3
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2017, 12:19:27 AM »
Just got this but having read about all the massive frame rate drops and long loading times I think i'll wait until it's patched and play Just Cause 2 instead.

Been playing this as of late and the frame rate and loading time issues are (still)real. They've issued an update to address it, but the frame issues are definitely still there, especially when destruction gets intense. And it doesn't seem like there's going to be any further update for it from what I hear.

[Eurogamer Tested - May 2016]  - since that time, it's not clear where Avalanche stands on it, but apparently it seems the game's engine may have bitten off more than it could chew.

Even as late as February of this year, the game was tested on PS4 Pro and found to still have issues - [VG247]

Shame too, considering how much fun Just Cause 2 was. JC3 feels like a bit of a downgrade in terms of some of the attention to important details that essentially make and break a game like this for some. I'm slogging through it, simply to finish it, but it's not a game that I can claim wasn't a let-down.

BTW - personally, I've found it plays better (at least in my experience) - running off the internal XB1 drive. Normally I run games off an external SSD drive, but this one for some reason runs best off the internal drive.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2017, 05:08:57 AM »
Ended up trading it in when it was announced as free on PS4, seen a few people playing it offline as it stops all the on screen leaderboards which can cause problems.

Online zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2017, 01:22:15 PM »
Ended up trading it in when it was announced as free on PS4, seen a few people playing it offline as it stops all the on screen leaderboards which can cause problems.

That's one thing I still don't get, that leaderboard, pops up almost insistently, displaying random players' challenge results to the point it's more of an obstruction than anything else - but there's no way to shut it off without shutting off most of the HUD save for the reticle. You'd think they could have set it up with its own on-off switch instead of tying it in to the whole HUD. A HUD which, incidentally doesn't include any form of mini-map option...

Just seems like some basic common sense decisions and QA were bypassed on this game.

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads