Author Topic: Nintendo President Satoru Iwata - Dead At 55  (Read 658 times)

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
Nintendo President Satoru Iwata - Dead At 55
« on: July 12, 2015, 08:18:14 PM »
Nintendo President Satoru Iwata Dies At 55 Years Of Age

Satoru Iwata, the president of Nintendo, has died. He was 55. Nintendo confirmed his passing today in a brief statement.

Nintendo Co., Ltd. deeply regrets to announce that President Satoru Iwata passed away on July 11, 2015 due to a bile duct growth.

Source: [Polygon]

Some thoughts from others in the industry:

Shuhei Yoshida, Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios president
"I always admired his personal, easy to understand commentary on games in development in his Nintendo Direct. He was an inspiration as a leader of one of the most influential companies in the game industry, who used to make games himself and has always been a gamer. I had a couple of times I had conversations with him at some international industry events, he was always friendly and nice to talk with. I was dreaming someday to have an open exchange of Tweets or to be on a same panel session with him to talk about industry and games we play. I even tweeted when I was leaving for E3 this year with #iwatter as I saw he started tweeting Nintendo E3 news with the hashtag. I have always respected Nintendo's games, how they are super accessible and polished for everyone to play and enjoy, and I understand Iwata-san was one of the key individuals to have kept that high quality standard across all Nintendo titles. I just wish he will rest in peace. Thank you for all your work for the better game industry."

Randy Pitchford, Gearbox Software president
"I never met anyone in our industry who knew him who did not admire and respect Iwata. I believe our industry has suffered a great loss with his passing. The wisest among us will long try to remember and embody his character."

Xbox's Larry Hyrb
"I had the chance to meet Iwata-san at E3 one year, and he was such a gentleman as I fan boyed out. Today the industry lost a huge force."

Adam Sessler
"Had the pleasure to be in Iwata's company quite a few times. He was charming and unnecessarily kind and generous. This is heartbreaking."
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 10:28:16 PM by zerosum »

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads