Author Topic: Super Street Fighter IV  (Read 4730 times)

Offline TaraJayne

• Way Beyond Awesome
  • Twitter: TaraJayne360
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: TaraJayne360
  • XBL: TaraJayne
Super Street Fighter IV
« on: September 22, 2009, 06:36:31 AM »
Dont know if this has already been posted by jobless ginger  ;) but here you go:

Japan's Street Fighter IV Blog has just posted an announcement that a new sequel is "coming soon."

Presumably, the new game will not contain a V in the title (the Street Fighter franchise is famously stingy with its sequels, after all), but instead it will be a new version of Street Fighter IV. Think Championship mode, with faster fighting, refined gameplay and possibly a new character or two.

While the blog didn't give any information on a timeframe for the sequel, we're placing bets on the forthcoming The Tokyo Game Show.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 06:01:15 PM by nCogNeato »
Can't wait for Shenmue 3

I hate jokes that rely on visual imagery.

I've had it right up to here with them.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
Re: Super Street Fighter IV
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 06:42:00 AM »
no i haven't posted it, apparantly some sites are saying the game is a Wii game and not actually a sequel while other sites are saying that a sequel is in the works.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 09:47:04 AM »
some sites are saying the game is a Wii game and not actually a sequel

I hope that's true.  Capcom already convinced me to buy Street Fighter 2 four times.  I'd rather not spend my money on Super Street Fighter IV Turbo Championship Remix ... but I probably will.   ;)

Offline xnightcrawlerxx

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 11:33:43 AM »

it will be a new version of Street Fighter IV. Think Championship mode, with faster fighting, refined gameplay and possibly a new character or two.

son of a bitch. i should have seen that one coming . im sure ill pony up another $65. thats just great

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 06:07:47 AM »
Super Street Fighter IV Turbo Alpha Championship HHD Remix

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 06:10:04 AM »
Street Fighter IV rumour round-up as new site launches
Capcom unveils 'New Warrior' teaser site as the rumours for a new edition build...

Capcom has unveiled a Street Fighter teaser site as the publisher builds towards its latest Street Fighter reveal.

There has been a lot of speculation over what the new version of Street Fighter will entail, from the Super Street Fighter 4 details over at EventHubs (new characters, new moves) to picture taken of Ono with T.Hawk visible in the background (see the attached shot).

There will almost certainly be a new Street Fighter, there's just too much smoke for there not to be a fire somewhere, the question is... what? Super Street Fighter IV? Huge DLC pack? Brand new retail game? The reveal site countdown ends tomorrow, so check back then to see what it is!

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 04:48:13 PM »
I hope it's DLC, i might get the game again if it is and it's reasonably priced.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 08:45:54 AM »
Super Street Fighter IV confirmed, eight fighters added

Looks like the rumors and speculation were spot-on -- Gamespot just revealed the first details on Super Street Fighter IV, a new version of the brawler released earlier this year in the U.S., which will rebalance the game's existing characters and add eight new fighters to the roster. For now, the only confirmed fighters we know are series regulars T. Hawk and Dee Jay, and a brand new female pugilist named Juri.

Due to the minor scope of the changes, Capcom won't be charging full price for the title -- however, the character balancing is drastic enough to prevent cross-game matches between SFIV and its Super iteration. The game is due out in Spring 2010 for the PS3 and Xbox 360.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 10:48:46 AM »
the character balancing is drastic enough to prevent cross-game matches between SFIV and its Super iteration.

Son
of
a
bitch.

Due to the minor scope of the changes, Capcom won't be charging full price for the title

Well that's good to hear.  I wonder why thy don't just make it DLC?  Required rebalancing patch is free / 8 new playable characters cost whatever they plan on charging.

If they're going to release an entirely new disc, I wonder how the achievements will work.
  • Achievements from the original SF4 carry over??
  • Same achievements as the original, but you can now unlock them again, allowing you to earn 2000gs for playing the same game twice?
  • Completely new achievements that don't repeat the original game?

Dammit, Capcom.  Stop confusing me!

« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 10:51:12 AM by nCogNeato »

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 01:31:32 PM »

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2009, 04:13:34 PM »
a brand new female pugilist named Juri.
Pics.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2009, 11:13:28 AM »
Super Street Fighter IV getting 8-person lobbies for online multiplayer

Much to the chagrin of many Street Fighter fans trying to get their online multiplayer on, matchmaking issues and lack of a multiplayer lobby system really stood out as glaring missteps in Street Fighter IV. Thankfully, it appears that Capcom has taken the hint and will be including an eight-person multiplayer lobby for groups to observe other matches and virtually "quarter up," as it were.

SSFIV's Masahiro Taguchi let the cat out of the bag on the official Japanese blog for the game (translated by Andriasang), saying that the regular ol' Street Fighter IV did not properly convey "the feeling of players gathering together for fights." He says that the ability to create multiplayer lobbies was on the table before creating SFIV, but was scrapped in favor of the one-on-one model currently in place. As frame rate can be a particularly important issue with fighting games relative to other genres, Taguchi makes a point to dispel any worries of online stuttering while observers look on to games in progress, though admitting that the process of making this lag free was a bit of a "technical feat." We're looking forward to putting Taguchi's claims to the test in 2010 when Super Street Fighter IV lands on our consoles.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2009, 03:48:18 PM »
Much to the chagrin of many Street Fighter fans trying to get their online multiplayer on, matchmaking issues and lack of a multiplayer lobby system really stood out as glaring missteps in Street Fighter IV. Thankfully, it appears that Capcom has taken the hint and will be including an eight-person multiplayer lobby for groups to observe other matches and virtually "quarter up," as it were.

Oh that sounds fun.  It would be a great way to relive some old childhood Arcade memories at 3AM.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2009, 06:27:09 AM »
Super Street Fighter IV Team Battles and Endless modes detailed

Capcom recently fired off a fact sheet in our direction for Super Street Fighter IV and while most of it talks about the stuff we already knew -- additional fighters, online lobbies, car punching -- it did inform us of two new online modes for the expansion to this year's excellent brawler and hook us up with some screens of the updated lobby system.

Teams of two, three and four will be able to see who's the best Hadoukener around in the new Team Battles mode, which is a "round-robin elimination" mode where "one man stays until beaten, next team member rotates in," Capcom's Chris Kramer told Joystiq. So players will be able to either control a team themselves or assign slots to other players in the room. Just don't go expecting any tagging in and out -- that only happens in other Capcom games.

The other new mode is Endless mode, a one-on-one elimination mode where two players duke it out and the winner stays in the hot seat and fights the next individual queued up. If you've had any experience with DOA 4, then Endless mode is kinda like that game ... sans the ability to be a chicken in a sombrero running around a martial arts dojo.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2009, 09:12:50 AM »
I'm going to buy this f****ing game.  I know it.

I am so weak.   :-[

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads