Author Topic: Xbox - Project Scarlett  (Read 143 times)

Online zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
Xbox - Project Scarlett
« on: June 09, 2019, 07:40:38 PM »
Microsoft's New Console Revealed At E3

Introducing Project Scarlett. 
Unmatched power and speed ushers in a new level of game play performance and the future of gaming. With four generations of content that looks and feels unlike anything before.
Launching with Halo Infinite Holiday 2020.

Features:
•Native 4K at 60 FPS, up to 120 FPS
•Next gen SSD = 40x faster than current consoles
•Hardware accelerated ray tracing
•Games, accessories and career come with you
•8K capable

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ktN4bycj9s" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ktN4bycj9s</a>

[Official Website]
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 11:16:50 PM by zerosum »

Online zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
Re: Xbox - Project Scarlett
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 11:50:02 AM »

One of the features that has gotten a good deal of attention has been the backward compatible feature of Scarlett. From what's been stated things have been kind of confusing. Especially with regards to digital purchases.

Phil Spencer Explains:

I think about it both short term and long term. In the long term, I want people to feel like they can buy their games the way they want to buy them from us, and if they choose to buy digital, I want to show the respect for the purchase that they've made over multiple generations. And we haven't always done that — Games for Windows Live, and we've shut down things, people couldn't play their games. I'm not saying our track record's perfect in this area, but when I had some say in what we were doing, I said if you bought digital games from us, or frankly if you bought physical games if we can make that work, I want us to be able to respect those purchases and have them run on the current generation. The team is like a bunch of wizards and what they come up with is they actually run better on the current hardware, which is awesome.

When we started on the Project Scarlett plan, I want it to do the same thing. I want to respect the OG Xbox games that are Back Compat, I want to respect the 360 games that are Back Compat, I want to respect your Xbox One games that are Back Compat. The idea of what generation did this game come from, I want to go away. At the same time, I want developers to be able to make the best use of the hardware that's there so they can build amazing looking games.

It seems that whatever's currently Backward Compatible is what's being offered here. Expanding the library may not be as simple as it sounds.

It's definitely true that the licensing deals that were done, it's impacting the way we're doing licensing deals now and going forward because [of] music and other things (there's time based or platform based that are built in). It's not just can it work, it's actually you've got to go find the creator and relicense, and it's difficult.

Source: [TA]

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads