Author Topic: The Wrestling Thread  (Read 19048 times)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
Re: The Wrestling Thread
« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2010, 09:52:02 AM »

Fair enough  :)
The only way Taker loses his streak is if he himself wants someone to break it and from reading wrestlers blogs & JR's blogs, it seems he's very proud of the streak so I think it'll be safe.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 11:30:08 AM by nCogNeato »

Offline Quintillus

• PSN: JohnnyQuintillus
  • XBL: Quintillus
« Reply #91 on: February 26, 2010, 10:55:14 AM »
Who in there right mind would jump to TNA from WWE . TNA is fast becoming the next WCW , a shambles.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2010, 11:04:58 AM »
Who in there right mind would jump to TNA from WWE . TNA is fast becoming the next WCW , a shambles.

Kurt Angle remains the biggest star to jump ship which at the time was a massive coup for TNA and he had some great matches with Samoa Joe, it would be nice if Samoa Joe or AJ Styles decided TNA was too small for them and came to the WWE, don't see it ever happening and knowing what Vince is like, he'd probably bury them into the mid card somewhere like he does to the majority of his talent.

Offline sambo

• Greatness Personified
  • No cuts, no buts, no coconuts?
  • Last.fm: sambomaher
  • XBL: ox SAMBO xo
« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2010, 12:58:58 PM »
AJ and Joe would have been great additions to WWE a couple of years ago, whentheir stars were shinning bright in TNA, But TNA have even managed to down play the best two *homegrown* stars they had. Agree Vince would not have used them properly. AJ would have been great in ECW and Joe in Smackdown.

Offline Kyuubi

• Super Dooper Member
    • Blind 100
  • XBL: KyuubiKitsuni
« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2010, 06:12:04 PM »
I think that TNA has made itself gimmicky to the point of absurd though.

Why do you need more than 4 sides to a ring!!!!

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2010, 07:53:54 AM »
The only good thing about the six sided ring that TNA used were the Six Sides of Steel matches and the Ultimate X matches.

AMW v XXX at Turning Point in 2004 was brilliant, the quality of wrestling in a lot of cases in TNA is far superior to WWE, but some of the booking is shocking, the storylines are terrible too.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReSDsn_AZiY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReSDsn_AZiY</a>
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 08:17:35 AM by GamerMan316 »

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #96 on: March 01, 2010, 02:04:12 PM »

The full match is better, i just wanted to show Skipper's move on Harris from the top of the cage & the bump Daniels takes off the 4 man suplex is nuts.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 11:32:59 AM by nCogNeato »

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #97 on: March 02, 2010, 06:55:53 AM »
Next Monday is when TNA go head to head with the E, Hogan v Flair in a tag match, oh joy!!!  It's the first time since 2001 that WWE will have direct competition (if you can call it that) on Monday nights.

Also, Bret v Vince is confirmed for Mania 26.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 11:19:40 AM by nCogNeato »

Offline sambo

• Greatness Personified
« Reply #98 on: March 02, 2010, 01:30:35 PM »
First:
 Bret v Vince is confirmed for Mania 26.  Why?   I feared this would be the case. The only good thing about this is that the 'Taker v HBK match will now not be a screw job (which would have ruined it for me). But Vince v Bret? Do we need to see this. Bret wins gets a big pop and the world is forgiven.

Second: Monday Night War:
 For WWE this could be good for the short term, Will hopefully make them raise their game a little, Go a little more risky in their approach. As for TNA, Kicking off with Flair and Hogan (absolute legends) Shows bad managemnet from the start. TNA resembles WCW towards it's end day's, Not when it really took the game to WWE (WWF). IF TNA survives a year head to head with WWE with booking like that I would be surprised. TNA's only hope is to push the boat out and go down the more riskier route of Violence and Sex.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #99 on: March 03, 2010, 07:11:01 PM »
I'm guessing you're on about t*ts n ass?  :)

Also, when Test & Albert where a tag team and managed by Trish Stratus, they were known as T&A, which can be said the same way.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #100 on: March 10, 2010, 02:35:41 PM »

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2010, 07:21:32 PM »

Offline sambo

• Greatness Personified
« Reply #102 on: March 18, 2010, 02:41:32 PM »

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #103 on: March 18, 2010, 03:09:47 PM »
Good predictions mate, Christian is the obvious choice to win Money in the Bank especially to set up the Edge match, which will reak of awesomeness, the rest of the matches speak for themselves, except maybe the Legacy Triple Threat, depends whether Vince wants the feud to continue, Orton winning kills the feud for me.

Theres rumours of a Hair vs Mask match between Punk & Mysterio, only one winner if thats the stipulation and thats Mysterio.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #104 on: March 25, 2010, 02:55:04 PM »
Bill Goldberg: I'm In Talks With WWE

Former World Heavyweight Champion Bill Goldberg  announced on his Twitter account this evening that he's negotiating with WWE regarding a possible return to the company.

"YES.. I am in negotiations with the WWE," Goldberg wrote. "Looks like 'ole Hogan and TNA missed the boat. Shame for the fans they didn't even try."

While Goldberg has been critical of WWE since his departure from the organization in 2004 and repeatedly said he had no interest in returning to wrestle, he acknowledged a change in heart.

"Truth is I never thought I'd even consider it...then came my son," Goldberg said. "No one said I'd wrestle but the door is open again."

He also added that if he ever steps foot inside a ring again, it will be alongside San Diego Chargers outside linebacker Shawne Merriman. The three-time Pro Bowler is a huge WWE fan to say the least, so much so that he asked their Twitter account on Monday if he could participate in the live chat on WWE.com.

"Also.... If I ever did step in the ring again, I have a new tag partner. He goes by the name of "Lights Out!!!! the one and only Shawn Merriman..... updating the old Goldberg/Kevin Greene duo," Goldberg wrote.

I posted the following report on Sunday, March 14, 2010 here on this website:

While the clip of Bill Goldberg pinning Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania XX was largely aired this past week on RAW to put over tomorrow night's special guest host, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, WWE has indeed been in talks with the former wrestling megastar regarding a relationship renewal.

WWE officials recognize he's not going to come back and wrestle, but they're hopeful of reaching a deal where they can use his likeness in video games and perhaps an induction into next week year's Hall of Fame class considering they are running low on "main eventers."

Next year's Hall of Fame class is expected to have a WCW theme considering that it will be taking place in Atlanta, Georgia.

This now obviously confirms our original report above.

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads