Author Topic: Assassins Creed II  (Read 4839 times)

Offline KoreRupt

• DJ ZeroCore - Hardcore Music.
Assassins Creed II
« on: November 22, 2009, 05:45:15 AM »
Once again another sequel in the world of gaming,  but unlike most this game feels as fresh as the first and better in everyway!  Not only that but this game adds ALOT more to your slice of a life as an Assassin.

I am writing this review and I'm afraid It may be my last, after days of playing with the spectacular game Assassins Creed 2 I uncovered something within and I believe the Templars know and are hunting me.  If indeed this is my last, I will try to make it full and honest giving insight and warning to any would be assassins that will follow.

(14,15,20,8,9,14,7)  (9,19)  (20,18,21,5) ,   (5,22,5,18,25,20,8,9,14,7)  (9,19)  (16,5,18,13,9,20,20,5,4).

Starting where the first game left off you are in the lab and we all remember the weird writing on the wall, this game clears it all up as you go along!  Tieing up loose ends seems to be a really good practice due to the seemingly increasing questions you had at the end of the first game.. Alot of the time leading you to scratching your head and replaying the game thinking you missed something.

The first level like all games is basically a tutorial where you escape from Abstargo like the plot in the first game (via texts on laptops etc) was leading towards.  This imediately shows off numourous things such as how Assasins Creed would look in the modern day setting, which weirdly enough isnt bad!

« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 06:17:36 AM by KoreRupt »

Honour, Respect, Loyalty.

Offline KoreRupt

Re: Assassins Creed II
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 05:54:43 AM »
Now the duration of AC2 is spent more homely and warming than the first Prison like atmosphere,  Not only that but you are RARELY taken out of the Animus 2.0 to see the "Real" world.  This further engages players with a sense that they are in a living relality within the life of a Assassin.

Speaking of which,  you really do live the life of an assassin in AC2 from the despair, love, happyness, scouting, vengeance and of course.. the assasinations themselfs.  

The asssassinations this time around have been increased in not only the ways you can perform such acts but how you go act afterwards too,  not just a run across the city this time!  One time i found myself in a rush running accross rooftops only to see a mass amount of people chasing me down wanting my head on their spear,  I then saw water in the distance and dived straight in and hid for a few minutes getting out of the "last seen circle" (Think GTA's Last seen circle for wanted levels).  This was not only exciting but it for once means your assassin isnt afraid of the water.. thats right no more throwing your control pad wondering why your super assassin can master everything but H20.

One of the main charecters within the game and respectively a major help is Leonardo Da Vinci.  Not only is his charecter enjoyable company to converse with but he gives you alot of the tools to help you kill people. (Think Q from 007 films)

« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 06:18:48 AM by KoreRupt »

Offline KoreRupt

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 06:08:44 AM »
One such memorable missions from assassins creed 2 is using the Da Vinci "Flying machine",  this epic feeling of flying across Venice is truly breathtaking.  Not only showing off the great graphics and architecture but also showing off what people of the time were like.  Hearing a soldier brown his trousers shouting "a flying demon" is humorous and yet it teaches you of their beliefs!

Speaking of teaching, alot of the story and philosophy is based on real events and real people, meaning the conspiracy involved and events hits your heart and mind harder than any other game around!  In theory, some of the stuff in this game could be true.

A few gripes from the first game was the side missions used to get information on the target, in this game you can't moan at the variations at all,  they are different and feel like actual mainline missions in their own right.  Not only that but there is a plethora of other missions and quests around each of the citys to give you hours of fun that isnt directly connected to your story.  Add to this treasures and secret areas around the world and you get a truly emersive gaming world.

This is increased by the customisation of the charecter, including RPG elements such as increasing your inventory for such things as poison to knifes.  Actually buying different weapons, from swords to hammers and daggers.  Also you can dye your clothes to different tastes,  each helping the player personalise his experience.

The best and most thrilling moment of the entire game is by far the ending sequence.  This not only slaps you in the face like a blockbuster movie but it grabs you by the balls and keeps you staring at the screen in awe.  This segment of the game alone is worth the money.  By far the best and most exciting singleplayer open world game I have ever played.  (Think how Bioshock slapped you in the face with awesomeness and this game beats that hands down).

« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 06:19:16 AM by KoreRupt »

Offline KoreRupt

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 06:17:13 AM »
To end this review I will give it some scores before I delete my harddrive and all knowledge of my existance before I am found and the secret is out.

Graphics:  10 Out of 10 - Some of the best visuals on any game, ever.
Sound:    9 Out of 10 - Truly emersive sound especially in the heat of battle or stalking your target.
Single Player:  10 Out of 10 - The best single player experience of 2009. Bar none.
Longativity:  8 Out of 10 - Deserves a second playthrough, maybe DLC can give it a 3rd or 4th need.
Overall:  10 Out of 10 - Like Bioshock, this game is meant to be played at least once through as an epic piece of gaming history.

The best open world game released in 2009 by far.  This game blows the original away and surpasses every doubt you could have, there might be a few quirks but with a game this well done you can ignore such things as friendly pathfinding.

Assassins Creed II will grab you from the moment you start till the moment your jaw hits the ground on the most epic ending I have seen in a video game.  I for one will be egerly awaiting Assassins Creed III with great Anticpation, can they build upon this game?  It will be hard.. we will see.

Goodbye for now.
(20,8,1,14,11,19)     (6,15,18)    (18,5,1,4,9,14,7)!
(11,15,18,5,18,21,16,20).

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 06:22:41 AM »
Good 4 part review mate  :)

I'm actually really looking forward to this now, i wasn't too bothered about it at first, partly because the first game, while technically amazing, became boring quite quickly due to the lack of variation in the missions, i've heard this is no longer a problem.

I'm still gonna wait for the price to drop though.

Offline sambo

• Greatness Personified
  • No cuts, no buts, no coconuts?
  • Last.fm: sambomaher
  • XBL: ox SAMBO xo
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 06:23:23 AM »
Nice review again Kore.  ;D

Offline KoreRupt

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 06:24:39 AM »
Think of it like this.. Assassins Creed one.. was FarCry 1. just a Technical demonstration.  

And Assassins Creed II is the Crysis followup.. spectacular.

Ps. Its four parts cause on really long posts the posting box seems to f*ck up lol.. really annoying  ;D

[Wonder when someones gonna ask about the numbers;D]
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 06:26:10 AM by KoreRupt »

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 06:28:04 AM »
Think of it like this.. Assassins Creed one.. was FarCry 1. just a Technical demonstration.  

And Assassins Creed II is the Crysis followup.. spectacular.

Ps. Its four parts cause on really long posts the posting box seems to f*ck up lol.. really annoying  ;D

[Wonder when someones gonna ask about the numbers;D]

Good analogy, if the numbers have anything to do with the game, then i won't ask

Offline KoreRupt

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2009, 06:29:04 AM »
Nope, its my own code. Really easy to break though. :)  Totally nothing to do with the game though.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 06:41:50 AM »
nothing is true everything is permitted

&

thanks for reading
korerupt

Offline KoreRupt

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2009, 06:42:21 AM »
See nice and easy.. Will be harder next time.

Offline ApocalysePony

• XBL: ApocalysePony
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2009, 03:47:43 PM »
...You make me want to get this game more then i do now lol.
thanx for the great review! ;D

Offline KoreRupt

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2009, 03:43:19 AM »
Doing my best! :)  If anyone has questions about the game just ask.  Or if you need help with AC2 send me a Private messege. Can be anything from Customisation questions to i dont know.. how many times Ezio flosses per day..  And help can be anything from missions to sidequests ill do my best! Just ask!

Offline Kyuubi

• Super Dooper Member
    • Blind 100
  • XBL: KyuubiKitsuni
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2009, 11:37:56 AM »
Nice review!

It just frustrates me more that 3 games I want all came out at once and I can just about only afford 1 of them!! lol

Offline ApocalysePony

• XBL: ApocalysePony
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2009, 02:15:22 PM »
Thats what happens when you jump the broom! lol  ;)

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads