Linked Events

• DJ Hero 2 (UK): October 22, 2010

Author Topic: DJ Hero 2  (Read 1439 times)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
DJ Hero 2
« on: January 01, 2010, 08:26:09 AM »
David Guetta references work on DJ Hero 2

Back in September, we heard the initial reports claiming Activision and FreeStyleGames had already begun work on the sequel to DJ Hero. These reports were corroborated by a recent article by Kelowna.com, in which DJ David Guetta, a contributor to the soundtrack of the first mixmaster simulator, mentioned that he'd been working on "the No. 2 version" of the game. We're assuming he's talking about a sequel, and not about the tone of graphite that's so popular amongst pencil manufacturers.

It only makes sense that a second game using the costly, rotating peripheral would be in the works. What would really be shocking is some kind of lid-unscrewing sim. Or a Lazy Susan puzzle game!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 05:27:54 AM by GamerMan316 »

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
Re: DJ Hero 2
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 03:48:10 PM »
DJ Shadow talks DJ Hero 2

DJ Shadow has become the latest person to talk about DJ Hero 2.

He told BBC Radio 1 presenter Zane Lowe he was working on the game and is in it.

"It was interesting," he said of his work on DJ Hero 1 (via VG247). "I'm actually working on the next one as well. But yeah, it was a trip."

"I never thought I'd be in a game, let alone doing what I was doing on the backhands, putting the mixes together."

DJ Hero 2 hasn't been officially confirmed by Activision, but that hasn't stopped GAME, DJ David Guetta, Activision and Activision boss Bobby Kotick talking about it.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 10:48:41 AM »

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 06:03:22 AM »
Ten reasons why you'll go Gaga for DJ Hero 2!
Everything you need to know about FreeStyle's superb record-spinning sequel.

It features over 50 mixes from over 100 songs

You'll be going gaga for DJ Hero 2's huge setlist, which includes 'Just Dance' from the princess of pop herself, plus tracks from Kanye West, Deadmau5, Chemical Brothers and Armin van Buuren. Again there's a good breadth of genres and some surprisingly good mixes - take it from us, Pussycat Dolls 'Don't Cha' versus Pitbull's 'I Know You Want Me' works absolutely brilliantly. Here's a list of artists confirmed to be in the game so far:

- Armin van Buuren

- Sugababes

- Kanye West

- Chemical Brothers

- Pussycat Dolls

- Deadmau5

- Lady Gaga

- Metallica

- Dr. Dre

- David Guetta

- 2Pac

- Pitbull

You can freestyle

Yep, you're now able to put your own spin on select portions of the track via DJ Hero 2's new freestyle gameplay, which lets players scratch or crossfade the tunes however they want. A revised sampler mechanic also picks out samples from the track itself rather than using random groups of sound bites as per the original game.

There's a proper single-player campaign

And by proper, we mean it actually has some sort of story. FreeStyle calls it Empire Mode and it's a new single-player campaign that tracks an up and coming DJ on his path to international superstardom. You'll face off against celebrity DJs and take over clubs, transforming them into your own custom pads via your brand, a logo and style you select at the beginning of the game to add an element of customisation and personality to the game.

There's an increased focus on social gaming

FreeStyle are really pushing to achieve the same social element associated with Guitar Hero for DJ Hero 2, adding in that game's Party Play mode to allow for drop in/drop out gameplay.

The player count has been upped to three players

No more two-player restrictions! DJ Hero has increased its player count from two to three for its sequel, with two players able to jump on the decks and a third able to sing down the house on the mic. Wait, mic..?

DJ Hero now has microphone support

SingStar fans rejoice: DJ Hero 2 now includes microphone functionality, letting players sing along to the track as another player mixes. Just like SingStar (or Guitar Hero and Rock Band for that matter), DJ Hero's presents the lyrics on screen alongside a gauge that measures your pitch, and though it's only been demonstrated to us in a multiplayer mode, we imagine you may get to use a headset to sing and scratch at the same time. Here's hoping you're a better singer than the girl demonstrating it to us at Activision's pre-E3 gig.

There are six new modes

Though FreeStyle are keeping their cards close to their chest, we've been given access to a handful of DJ Hero 2's new competitive and co-operative modes, including the Guitar Hero-inspired DJ Battles which see two DJs deck out against each other, and Accumulator, a risk/reward game type where players bank combos. Think of it like The Weakest Link - the score multiplies the longer you go on, but one false move and you'll lose everything. Remember to bank, and remember to do it often.

A 'Party Bundle' will be available at release

DJ Hero 2 will be released in three SKUs: solus, for existing players; a deck bundle, which contains the game and a single deck; and a Party Bundle, which includes the game, two decks and a microphone. Get your bank funds cleared and get the party started.

It uses the same turntable controller as last year

There's no new turntable controller in the works for DJ Hero 2, with the game using the same deck as shipped with the original game. There will be one slight alteration though..

Decks will be available in different colours

Bored of the black and grey deck you picked up for the original DJ Hero? Activision's got you covered. Different coloured decks will be available to buy in different bundles on DJ Hero 2's release, and though colours are still to be announced, we've got our fingers crossed for some neon green and purple monstrosities. Make it so, Activision.

DJ Hero 2 launches on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii this autumn, and we'll be firing up the decks for a look at it in next week's issue of P3Zine, available to download for free from GamerZines.com on Thursday, 17th June.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 08:36:01 AM »
Partial DJ Hero 2 artist list revealed at Activision event

Activision's presumably outrageously expensive E3 event was largely devoid of megatons, but rich with appearances from musical artists such as Usher, NERD, Chris Cornell, Tool's Maynard Keenan and Jane's Addiction. However, a brief gameplay trailer for DJ Hero 2 revealed a fairly lengthy list of contributors to the game's mashed-up soundtrack. You can check out the full list after the jump -- but we'll say right here, right now, that if they mix Justice with The Prodigy, we are going to lose our minds.

* 50 Cent
    * B.O.B.
    * Daft Punk
    * David Guetta
    * Deadmaus
    * Dr. Dre
    * Eminem
    * Flo Rida
    * Gorillaz
    * Jay Z
    * Iyaz
    * Justice
    * Kanye West
    * Lady Gaga
    * Lil Wayne
    * MIA
    * Rihanna
    * Sean Paul
    * Stevie Wonder
    * Chemical Brothers
    * Jackson 5
    * The Prodigy
    * Tiesto
    * Timbaland

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 04:12:38 PM »

* Stevie Wonder
    * Jackson 5

Huh    ???

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 04:15:45 PM »

* Stevie Wonder
    * Jackson 5

Huh    ???

Probably be Superstition and I Want You Back

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 02:06:46 PM »

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 04:20:06 AM »

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 04:44:14 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBRNYt_3jZA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBRNYt_3jZA</a>

Offline sambo

• Greatness Personified
  • No cuts, no buts, no coconuts?
  • Last.fm: sambomaher
  • XBL: ox SAMBO xo
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2010, 07:23:49 PM »
Who has played the first game? I'm interested in this and the first game, But I'm not sure how good it is. I've seen the first game with the turn table for quite cheap but not sure if it's any good or not.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2010, 06:43:58 AM »
Who has played the first game? I'm interested in this and the first game, But I'm not sure how good it is. I've seen the first game with the turn table for quite cheap but not sure if it's any good or not.

I've got it, not played it that much yet due to rentals and stuff but I enjoyed it for the short time I played it, very cool game with some quality mixes too.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2010, 06:37:50 PM »

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2010, 05:18:09 AM »

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2010, 05:27:19 AM »
DJ Hero 2 snares Wu-Tang's RZA

Wu-Tang Clan co-founder RZA has signed on the dotted line for DJ Hero 2.

He'll be playable and has also mixed and produced music for the game. Those tracks are Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five's "The Message" mixed with LL Cool J's "I Can't Live Without My Radio", and Damian Marley's "Welcome To Jamrock" mixed with Walter Murphy's "A Fifth of Beethoven".

In a statement-supplied quote, RZA said he was "very excited" to be involved, as he's been "both a DJ and a gamer from an early age" and this "combines two of my passions".

Other playable characters in DJ Hero 2 include Deadmau5, David Guetta, DJ Qbert and Tiesto.

DJ Hero 2 will be released for PS3, Wii and Xbox 360 on 22nd October.

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads