Author Topic: Xbox 360 capable of 3D games  (Read 456 times)

Offline sambo

• Greatness Personified
  • No cuts, no buts, no coconuts?
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: sambomaher
  • XBL: ox SAMBO xo
Xbox 360 capable of 3D games
« on: January 13, 2010, 01:30:42 PM »
Xbox 360 is "fully 3D capable", says Microsoft man Aaron Greenberg.
"As consumer interest for 3D grows, we'll grow with it," Greenberg told G4TV. "From the technical standpoint, we are fully 3D capable. We have 3D games running today.

"I think right now we're unsure what level of interest there is from consumers to really want a 3D experience in the living room. Many, many years from now when it becomes a reality, we absolutely can support it, we do support it today. If developers want to make more 3D games, they can."

"I think 3D is a great experience in the theater and I thought Avatar was fantastic, but there's a lot of challenges about 3D in the living room," Greenberg explains.

"I don't know about you, but when I play games or watch TV, I've got my phone, I've got all kinds of things going on. I get up, I get down, I'm looking outside at the weather and it's...I'm not in a dark theater, wearing glasses, staring at a screen. I think it's just a different environment."

So to summarise, Xbox 360 is capable of 3D gaming but Greenberg doesn't think the audience is there yet. Is he right? Would you rather see Microsoft go down the route of 3D gaming or push on with Natal?

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
Re: Xbox 360 capable of 3D games
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 02:09:03 PM »
In theory ...

3D games + Project Natal would be the "Virtual Reality" we dreamed of when we were kids.  This will be more-or-less the infancy of the whole interactive 3D gaming experience, but it builds a foundation that may one day lead to what the industry has been promising for over a decade.

NeuroticSarge

Re: Xbox 360 capable of 3D games
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 02:12:35 PM »
Sounds a bit Blade Runner to me.

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads